The first edition of the European Youth Science-Media Days (EYSMD) – the ESMH summer school for young journalists – will take place from 4 to 7 June 2019 in Strasbourg.
Consult the official Live Broadcast of the European Youth Science Media Days :
- Live day 1 | 13:30 / 18:00 – 04-06-2019
- Live day 2 | 09:30 / 12:30 – 05-06-2019
- Live day 3 | 09:30 / 13:00 – 06-06-2019
The event is the first of this kind and it falls within a wider overall ESMH training plan.
Why a summer school for young media-makers focused on AI? Full understanding of scientific information is challenging and a sound education on science and tech topics can definitely empower journalists to bridge the gap between the world of science and the general public.
The event’s aim is to inspire in participants critical and constructive thinking about the topic of AI and the future technology and to invite them to debate and journalistically cover opportunities for today’s media and challenges they face.
The agenda is quite rich and participants will experience various sessions of different formats:
- thematic panels with professional journalists, experts on the different subjects, Members of the European Parliament and other high-ranking guests
- a hands-on training on machine learning
- showcasing of different projects applying AI in the journalistic work
- hands-on media production
- a ‘virtual reality’ evening.
The selected 80 young journalists will interact with the speakers and engage in intercultural exchange through practical media production. Over the course of the three-day workshop, each young journalist will work to produce an article/report/video/other journalistic or communication output on one of the sub-topics of the seminar through their medium of choice.
[custom-twitter-feeds hashtag=”#eysmd2019″ num=3 showbutton=true showheader=true]