May 26, 2020 update
• Consumer protect aids: Platforms remove millions of false ads. The European Commission has united a screening (‘sweep’) of websites. The aim is to find out where consumers in the EU are being subjected to content promoting false claims or scam products in the context of the corona virus. The results show that, following the Commission’s call, platforms have removed or blocked millions of misleading ads or product listings.
• WEF: Dramatic rise of cyber security risks from corona virus Prompts Action Plan. The World Economic Forum launched ‘The cyber security leadership principles’. They are lessons learnt during the Covid-19 pandemic to prepare for the new normal. It was made for supporting business leaders responsible for reinforcing the cyber resilience of their firm in an unforeseen.
• WHO: Manifesto for a healthy recovery from Covid-19. Prescriptions for a healthy and green recovery from COVID-19.
May 25, 2020 update
• State aid to Spain, Italy, Austria, Lithuania, Poland, Netherlands, Hungary. The European Commission approves €8 billion Austrian scheme to compensate companies for damage caused by corona virus outbreak. €9 billion Italian “umbrella” scheme to support economy in corona virus outbreak. €8 billion Austrian scheme to compensate companies for damage caused by corona virus outbreak. €10 million Lithuanian scheme to support cultural and art institutions and firms in the context of corona virus outbreak. €156 million Hungarian scheme to support companies affected by corona virus outbreak. €2.2 billion Polish subsidised loan scheme for large enterprises affected by corona virus outbreak. Dutch guarantee scheme to stabilise trade credit insurance market in corona virus outbreak.
May 22, 2020 update
• ILO: Guidance for safe, healthy, return to work during corona virus. Two guidance documents for creating safe and effective return to work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic have been issued by the ILO.
• WHO and UNICEF. At least 80 million children under one at risk of diseases such as diphtheria, measles and polio. Covid-19 disrupts routine vaccine injection efforts. Agencies call for joint effort to safely deliver routine immunization. They proceed with vaccine injection campaigns against fatal vaccine preventable diseases.
May 21, 2020 update
• UN: Launch of global initiative to combat fake news. United Nations is launching ‘Verified’. It is an initiative to combat the growing scourge of COVID-19 misinformation. It increases the volume and reach of trusted, accurate information.