May 26, 2020 update
• Consumer Protection Cooperation: Platforms remove millions of misleading ads – The European Commission has coordinated a screening (‘sweep’) of websites, with the aim of finding out where consumers in the EU are being subjected to content promoting false claims or scam products in the context of the coronavirus. The results show that, following the Commission’s call, platforms have removed or blocked millions of misleading advertisements or product listings.
• WEF: Dramatic Rise of Cybersecurity Risks from COVID-19 Prompts Action Plan – To support business leaders responsible for reinforcing the cyber resilience of their organizations in an unforeseen, instantaneous new reality, the World Economic Forum launched ‘The Cybersecurity Leadership Principles: Lessons learnt during the COVID-19 pandemic to prepare for the new normal’.
• WHO: Manifesto for a healthy recovery from COVID-19 – Prescriptions for a healthy and green recovery from COVID-19.
May 25, 2020 update
• State aid to Spain, Italy, Austria, Lithuania, Poland, Netherlands, Hungary – The European Commission approves €8 billion Austrian scheme to compensate companies for damage caused by coronavirus outbreak, €9 billion Italian “umbrella” scheme to support economy in coronavirus outbreak, €8 billion Austrian scheme to compensate companies for damage caused by coronavirus outbreak, €10 million Lithuanian scheme to support cultural and art institutions and organisations in the context of coronavirus outbreak, €156 million Hungarian scheme to support companies affected by coronavirus outbreak, €2.2 billion Polish subsidised loan scheme for large enterprises affected by coronavirus outbreak, Dutch guarantee scheme to stabilise trade credit insurance market in coronavirus outbreak
May 22, 2020 update
• ILO: Guidance for safe, healthy, return to work during COVID-19 – Two guidance documents for creating safe and effective return-to-work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic have been issued by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
• WHO and UNICEF: At least 80 million children under one at risk of diseases such as diphtheria, measles and polio as COVID-19 disrupts routine vaccination efforts – Agencies call for joint effort to safely deliver routine immunization and proceed with vaccination campaigns against deadly vaccine-preventable diseases.
May 21, 2020 update
• UN: Launch of global initiative to combat misinformation – United Nations is launching ‘Verified’, an initiative to combat the growing scourge of COVID-19 misinformation by increasing the volume and reach of trusted, accurate information.